"The trick to social media is to use it as a tool, not a distraction."
Twitter is one of the most powerful ways to create a celebrity as a real estate agent. While you may believe that most people may not use Twitter on a consistent basis, this social media platform is as relevant as it ever was. Your clients are Googling your name before they decide to work with you. Make sure what they see is consistently positive and inspiring information. The following information will explain the importance of Twitter, how to create an audience, engage with their content and how to share your own.
The purpose of having a Twitter account as a REALTOR is two-fold:
1. Omnipresence - your brand should be found on every platform possible to reach your potential clientele . Florida home buyers and sellers come from all corners of the world; your ever increasing presence give you a higher potential to close more transaction as your audience increases. Be everywhere your audience is, even if Twitter is not a platform you use socially.
2. SEO - Google LOVES Twitter. The more you post, like, and follow other Twitter accounts, the more quickly Google and other search engines will pick up on your social media activity.
- Create or add a high resolution profile header
- Use a headshot of yourself (show your face!)
- fill in the profile bio with relevant content to your niche
- Be sure to link your website or LinkedIn profile
- add niche specific content and other real estate posts (explained below
Just like with Instagram, creating an automated engagement, following and unfollowing on Twitter will significantly increase your online presence, while not spending tons of time to connect with your social network.
In the following video we show you how to gain followers fast with RoboTwitty, and best practices on on who to follow on this platform.
- Download Google Chrome if you don't already have it installed
- Go to the Google Chrome store and download Robo Twitty. It will automatically add to Google Chrome as an extension
- Once downloaded, log into Instagram on google chrome web browser
- Follow the steps via the video seen to the right for the step-by-step walkthrough on automation creation
Your content is a reflection of you. Make your content relevant to your niche and what perception you want your potential buyers and seller to correlate with you. The posts that you will create for Twitter should include a mix of both original posts, and other everyone else's. For REALTORS, Tweets can include any of the following:
- Motivational quotes: you can't go wrong with motivational quotes and positive content. As an entrepreneur, you have an opportunity to connect with a wide audience. Be sure to give love with inspirational tweets to your fellow entrepreneurs and clients alike.
- Articles: Share links that brags about Orlando being the #3 place for Millenials to purchase homes in the U.S.
- Travel: Florida is one of the most traveled locations for tourists, with many out of state and out of country buyers purchasing vacation and investment homes every day in Florida. Capatilize on the are you live in by posting links, articles and blogs about the beauty of the sunshine state, best places to eat, hidden gems to explore. There is a plethora of content on the internet you can pull from for these posts.
- Visual Content: From canvas posts to pictures of Florida, there is no end to the content you have to take advantage of for tweets. Take advantage of the natural beauty of the state with pictures of beaches, parks, anything that sparks your interest.
Buffer is an automated platform perfect for automating Tweets around the clock. The following tutorial shows how to keep your posts flowing consistently.
To review, the following is a guideline to your daily metrics.
Daily: 24 tweets, 1 for each hour
Bulk Weekly: 168 tweets, 1 for each hour