The Follow Me Show: Episode 7
CREATING WEALTH AS A REALTOR BEGINS WITH THE COMPLETE TRANSFORMATION OF YOUR GOALS, YOUR PERCEPTION, AND YOUR SURROUNDINGS. WE ANALYZE THE CURRENT OUTDATED PRACTICES AND BELIEFS OF MONEY AND SUCCESS THAT MAY HINDER YOUR PROGRESS, AND USEFUL MINDSET TRICKS YOU NEED TO RISE ABOVE ALL OF THE NOISE.
1. Perception: What's more important than Reality? Perceived Reality. The truth is humans in general make subconscious judgements based on what is perceived. Redesign your lifstyle or at least your percieved lifestyle. Clothes, suite & tie, car etc.., you will get clients based on how you look. Remember, people don't want to work with average when they can work with great. It's up to you the agent, to paint a picture of how you want to be percieved.
2. Omnipresence: - Definition: Present in all places at all times. What does Coca-Cola, Apple, Microsoft and Disney all have in common? They are everywhere at all times. They are also all multi billion dollar company’s. If you want to create wealth as a realtor you must follow the basic principles of the top companies. Be everywhere at all times! This means social media, email marketing, Google, flyers, mail outs and advertisement. With modern technology it's not hard to get your name and your brand everywhere.
3. You have to give up a lot to get a lot: The old saying goes, when the student is ready the master will appear. When you’re ready to take the next step as a realtor you must give up old habits, old friends and an old lifestyle. Top performers no matter what industy had to sacrifice one thing or another in order to gain their goal. If wealth as a realtor is your goal then you must re-design your life in-order to achieve that goal.
4. Train your mind to become a top performer: The mind is a very powerful tool. It can make you or it can break you. If you don’t continuously train your mind for success, prosperity and fortune then you leave your goals to chance. Top performers in every industry use affirmations, meditations and healthy habits to keep their mind in a state of success. Napoleon hill referred to this as success consciousness. Successful thoughts attract success. Idol thoughts usually go to the negative. Always train your mind for success!
5. Change your Relationship to money: In our culture money is often times looked at as bad thing. Money almost seems to be a taboo subject thus creating a stigma that seeps into our subcounsious. You have to be OK with making money. If you feel bad about making money you won't make any and it will effect your ability as a top notche realtor.
6. Be Ok with failing --- The road to success is failing. Every fail is a steping stone towards one's goals. We all fail to success. The general populus is terrified of failing. We are all brought up with the notion that failing is somehow a bad thing. When in-fact that is how human beings learn. We don't just learn how to drive a car, sell a house or close a deal without first failing. So get it into your mind that failing is not a bad thing, it's simply the way we learn. If you don't try you will never succeed.
7. Invest in yourself: If the goal is to make money then you can't be cheap about it. This goes back around to perception. You have to give off the perception of success and you can't do that without investing in yourself. This includes nice cars, good looking suits and lead generation for your business. Remeber if you don't invest in yourself who will?